Gobble Up Northwest @ Magnuson Park Hangar 30
Everybody's gotta eat 😋
Published November 11, 2022
Saturday, November 19 • 10 am – 5 pm
A universal truth: Everybody’s gotta eat. That’s why food-related presents are always a win in my book. For fun local picks, knock out your holiday shopping at Gobble Up NW, a crafty food and beverage show curated by the folks at Urban Craft Uprising. Over 80 vendors will stock their wares on Saturday, November 19, at Hangar 30 in Magnuson Park. To make a day of it, go to lakefront Magnuson Brewery and take in a cloudy view over a beer afterward.
Check out these highly giftable edible treats:
- Handcrafted Yoka Miso, a family recipe made in small batches by a daughter-father duo
- Any of the flavors made by Jonboy Caramels: Absinthe with Black Salt was inspired by Scandinavian salted black licorice
- Fancy salts—Peep San Juan Island Sea Salt’s popcorn seasoning!
- For Bitter, For Worse, zero-proof bottled cocktails the New York Times called “pleasantly bitter and thoroughly grown up”
- Take & bake cookie dough (and samples!!) from The Pastry Project (their Theo Chocolate-laced Peppermint Blackout is rich, dark, and everything I want in a holiday cookie)
And these kitchen essentials are equal parts practical and beautiful:
- Neighborhood-themed tea towels designed by Oliotto Handmade
- Handsome, hardy kitchen knives made by Reed Hammer & Needle
- The linen table napkins from EH Works give off cool Anthropologie vibes
- A set of cheery custom glass drinking straws for the family
Cookbook signings with local authors will take place every hour. Meet Everyday Cake author Polina Chesnakova at noon. Rosie Mayes will sign her newest book, Super Soul Food with Cousin Rosie, at 3 pm.
The event is free to attend. Just reserve your spot ahead of time.
📸: Gobble Up Northwest's / Urban Craft Uprising
Meghna leads with her curiosity when writing about travel, food, and beverages. She previously wrote about cookbooks at Kitchen Arts & Letters, and has managed events & communications at Book Larder, Peddler Brewing Company, and Cascade Bicycle Club. She is newly pescatarian and a Seattle native. Follow along at @wanderingthali.