Emerald City Comic Con @ Seattle Convention Center
A big weekend for cosplay 🧝♀️
Get ready to see Gamoras in line at Cherry Street Coffee and probably several bagel headdresses from Everything Everywhere All at Once bobbing through the streets—Emerald City Comic Con is back, baby.
After pandemic years of closures and slimmed-down programming, Seattle’s biggest four-day event for geeks is back this week. The Seattle Convention Center expects to host nearly 100,000 attendees. Masks are required, and ECCC doesn’t just mean for your Bane cosplay.
Some celebrities you’ll probably want to see or grab a photo-op or autograph with:
- Cassandra Peterson, AKA Elvira, cuz duh
- Seattle’s own RuPaul’s Drag Race superstars Jinkx Monsoon and BenDeLaCreme will make their first-ever ECCC appearances
- Christopher Eccleston, the ninth doctor from Doctor Who
- Billie Piper, who played Rose Tyler during Eccleston’s and David Tenant’s Doctor Who eras
- Harvey Guillen, who plays Guillermo, the only human in an ensemble full of vampires, in What We Do in the Shadows
- Cast members from HBO’s Our Flag Means Death, also the subjects of a lot of new gay fanart
- Freddie Prinze Jr., who I’m choosing to only recognize for his work in the Scooby Doo live-action movies
If you’re not attending but still want to feel the buzz of excitement only a con can conjure, stop by Seattle’s Freeway Park to see a bunch of cosplayers taking pictures.
Nathalie is a writer focused on anything she finds weird or fun. Sometimes this includes local politics and the environment, sometimes this involves scootering half-nude in Tacoma. She used to work as a staff writer at The Stranger where she did a lot of that sort of thing. She detests dentists and loves costume parties.